Sunday, September 13, 2009

Feeling the Force in Durham

We took the 3 kiddos to the Durham Life and Science Museum. They had a special event going, featuring the special effects found in movies such as Star Wars. So naturally, they had Star Wars characters there. I decided to geek it up with my Yoda shirt along with Carter. Both Katie and Maddie were excited about seeing Princess Leia, while Katie was worried that we might encounter Lord Vader

Here they are climbing the rock wall




One of the most funniest moments ever was after Maddie got her face painted, Carter saw her and then started making his "unh unh unh" sound. We thought he was worried that Maddie was hurt and we kept telling him that Maddie was ok, but he actually wanted his face painted too. We couldn't believe it, I thought he would never sit still, but lo and behold, he did fantastic


To finally top of this blog, I have got to post a picture of me with a Stormtrooper...err, its actually a Sandtrooper

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your family is too cute!

Unknown said...

like father like son....make the force be with you...

Mommy said...

The stormtrooper looks like he needs a bath...

Unknown said...

I think its a sand tropper? no?

Daddy said...

Yes, it is a Sandtrooper (very nice Ju...all those years waiting in line for figures did help)

I think sandtroopers are supposed to be sandy...no bath needed

Mommy said...

You cannot go back and change the blog to sandtrooper when it clearly said stormtrooper before.

One of these days you are going to strap me to the couch and make me watch the movies, aren't you?